Success for the SUBWAY® brand at this year’s National Convenience Show
09 May 2013
The SUBWAY® brand currently has 225 non-traditional locations open and operating throughout the UK and Ireland; 126 of these stores are within convenience stores or on petrol forecourts.
With the continued focus on non-traditional expansion, the National Convenience Show, which took place on 14th-16th April at the NEC in Birmingham, was a key event for the SUBWAY® brand.
The SUBWAY® stand was extremely popular, welcoming hundreds of visitors and providing them with information about the partnership opportunities available with the brand. There was a SUBWAY® cart nearby where staff from the NEC SUBWAY® store gave away almost 7,000 4" taster Subs!
Representatives for the SUBWAY® brand took part in a number of Live@TheCounter events (the show's interactive demonstration and seminar area) including daily panel debates, presentations and Q&A sessions. Visitors to the show gathered to listen to the debates, hearing about the latest products, new stores and about the benefits of partnering with the SUBWAY® brand within a C-Store or Forecourt setting.
The key benefits of having a SUBWAY® store within a C-Store or Forecourt setting are:
- Low wastage - managed at less than 1%
- A1 usage
- Flexibility in terms of space and design - the minimum space required for a SUBWAY® store is 350sq. ft. (retail area should be a minimum of 1,500sq. ft.)
- The strength of the SUBWAY® brand bringing new customers - excellent dual branding and increased customer market share
- Ongoing training for franchisee and store staff
- Regional development office support and advice.
To find out more about opportunities to partner with the SUBWAY® brand, please contact Caroline Thomson on +44 (0)2894 452420 or email Thomson.firstname.lastname@example.org or call SUBWAY® UK and Ireland on 0800 085 5058.
« Back to news