RESPONSE TO WHICH? SANDWICH REPORT
01 May 2009
Further to the media coverage the Subway® Chain received following the Which? sandwich report, it would like to stress that it has always differed from its competitors because it allows customers to have their sandwich made exactly the way they want it. Choice is fundamental to the Subway® Chain's offer - there are over two million variations of sub sandwiches available to customers.
The Meatball Marinara is one of a wide range of Subs and salads, which range from indulgent to healthier choices.
The Chain would like to reconfirm its commitment to reduce the salt content of its Meatball Marinara product. The Subway® Chain will reduce the salt content of the Meatball Marinara to 4.2g by mid May 09. By June 09 this will be further reduced to 3.9g, which represents a 17% reduction in the salt content of the product.
This is part of the Subway® Chain's commitment to reduce salt across all products by 15% on average by June 09.
The Subway® Chain's commitment to reducing salt will continue beyond June 09. The Subway® Chain's wider Health and Wellbeing Commitments to the FSA, which were announced in November 2008, can be found on the FSA website.
Since November 08, the Subway® Chain has provided 'point of decision' nutritional information in the form of a cling on the front of the glass counter across its 1400 Subway® stores throughout the UK and Ireland. The cling provides information not only on salt, but also calories, sugar, fat and sat fat per serving of all subs and salads.
The Subway® Chain is working closely with the FSA to ensure that nutritional information is provided to our customers in the most helpful way, so that they can make an informed choice - be it an indulgent or healthier choice.
For further information contact:
Natalie Minter or Anne Christopher at McKenna Townsend PR
Telephone: 01425 472330
Notes to editors:
- Up-to-date nutritional information on all the Subway® Chain's products, including information on salt, sugar, fat and sat fat per serving of all subs and salads is available on the Subway® website www. subway.co.uk
- For links to the FSA website and the Subway® Chain's Health and Wellbeing Commitments, please type in the below information:
- The Subway® Chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with over 30,000 locations in 88 countries and over 1,400 in the UK and Ireland. It is Headquartered in Milford, Connecticut
- The Subway® Chain was co-founded by Fred DeLuca and Dr. Peter Buck in 1965. That partnership marked the beginning of a remarkable journey, which has made it possible for thousands of individuals to build and succeed in their own business.
- The Subway® Chain is a registered trademark of Doctor's Associates Inc.
« Back to news